Zenfone to get released as 6Z in India, Today – 19th June.
ASUS, the Taiwanese Tech Giant shares a major share in the smartphone market. It used to launch smartphones under the name Zenfone. A new phone was expected to launch as Asus Zenfone 6 in India which has the following specifications:
- It comes with a big battery of 5000mAh capacity with support for Quick Charge 4.0
- It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 and Adreno 640 GPU and comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
- The device features a 48MP primary sensor with f/1.79 aperture and a 13-megapixel secondary sensor with a 125-degree ultra-wide angle lens and f/2.4 aperture.
- It comes with a notch-less 6.46-inch NanoEdge IPS LCD display with Full HD+ resolution and HDR10 support.
- Was expected to be launched in India on June 16th 2019
However, ASUS is facing an unexpected issue ahead of the launch of the ZenFone 6. A company called Telecare Network has petitioned the Delhi High Court stating that ASUS infringed on its ZenMobile trademark, and the court sided with Telecare, banning ASUS from using ZenFone branding in India. So as to abide this order, ASUS is renaming the ZenFone 6 to ASUS 6Z, with the phone slated to make its debut on June 19th 2019. The new launch event just three days after the originally scheduled launch date.
So this trademark issue hasn’t derailed ASUS plans. But it will undoubtedly put a dent in ASUS marketing efforts, as the Taiwanese manufacturer now has to start from scratch with the promo materials for the device. The final hearing of the case is scheduled to be held on 10th June 2019. We have to wait and watch what the verdict is.
Flipkart already has a dedicated page towards the launch of ASUS 6z on their website and application marking the change as official and will be launched on June 19th 2019. Here are our thoughts on the ASUS 6z. Note that this video was made before the court order hence we have used the name ZenFone 6. Watch the video in the link below.